Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Week 62 in Italy

Whatta week! Things are great here in Cimiano. Unfortunately, there will not be a baptism this saturday. Irene isn't quite ready yet. She, for some reason that we don't fully understand, went to confess at her normal catholic church, and he totally freaked her out about her baptism. SO. We're going to just let her take a little bit more time coming to church and studying so that she feels more prepared. I know she will be ready soon.

Katia is doing so well! Her baptism is on the 9th. She quit smoking and drinking coffee and she is just going strong. We call her every night to tell her we love her and check up on how she did that day. She is so excited and is really ready to be baptized.

Marcella is also doing super well! She came to church for the first time last week and LOVED it. She fit right in with all of the other young women. She is so cute. She is so excited for her baptism on the 16th.

We got the incredible privilege to attend the special conference this monday with Elder David A. Bednar, Elder Steven B. Allen, and Elder Texiera. Seeing that Cimiano is our church building and we live the closest, I saw no reason for why we shouldn't be in the front row. So we had four other sisters staying with us that night. Me and my companion slept on the floor. Lie. We laid on the floor all night not sleeping. Then we all got up at 5:45. I made a TON of pancakes. We ate. We got ready, and we trudged out into the pouring rain. We were soaked but we were the first sisters there and got to sit right up in the front. The spirit was so strong. It was an amazing feeling to have every single one of the missionaries in the Italy Milan mission all together singing the mission hymn. It echoed and I'm sure every soul on Via Padova heard us singing.

I learned so much and the lessons I learned can't really even be written out. I am continuing to learn and apply things each day. My study journal is exploding with thoughts and ideas and continued revelation.

I love being here. I love being a set apart servant of the Lord. I love being able to share with others what makes me so happy every single day.

Today for pday we went to see the Leonardo Da Vinci museum. WORTH IT. It was amazing. I have developed such a love for art.

Andrea Bocelli will be doing a concert tomorrow night out in front of the Duomo. Basically my dream come true. But, we will be teaching an awesome Peruvian family that we found doing casa a couple of weeks ago. SO! That's even better!! ;)

The gospel of Jesus Christ is true. Prophets exist today. I saw one of them on monday and I felt a burning confirmation in my heart again that Jesus Christ lives and he guides his church through his living prophets and apostles.

I love you all!

Love, Sorella Tokarski