Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Week 61 in Italy

Well, it's been a great week. We got a lot done. I recovered from being super sick and we were able to teach several people. We have three investigators now that are progressing beautifully towards their baptismal dates. They are all referrals from members! (This is what the prophets and apostles are talking about when they say that full time missionaries and members MUST work together). I have such a testimony that when members refer their family members and friends to the missionaries, their journey towards baptism goes SO MUCH smoother.

One of these lovely ladies is named Irene. She is from Brasile. Half of her words are in Portugese. The spirit helps us understand what she's telling us! Hahaha. I wish I could be a fly on the wall to watch our lessons. Even though it's hard to understand her sometimes, (she understands us perfectly. she's been here for like 10 years), God always makes up the difference of what we don't understand and helps us to address and resolve her concerns and questions. She will be baptized on May 2nd!

We have the special conference with Elder Bednar on the 27th! We are so excited. It will be so special to sit and listen to the words of an apostle of Jesus Christ, telling us how we can do the Lord's work in His way and how we can improve. I am so grateful for this opportunity and look forward to the revelation that will be received.

One lesson that I relearned this week was about gratitude. I often forget how blessed I am and how easy I have it. There are so many people here in Italy that leave their own countries, their families, their work, their everything, to come here, try to find some sort of hard laboring all day low pay work, with little or no time off, to support their loved ones at home in hopes of creating a better situation for them. I see these weary souls and know that everything they do is because of how much they love their families. They don't complain. They do what they have to do to take care of their loved ones. They are grateful for the work they have found and will do it without whining. I just want to invite each of you that read this email to carefully consider the blessings that you have been given, and to be GRATEFUL to God for what He has done for you. There is always someone who has a worse or harder life than you. Complain less, thank more, and recognize how much you really do have without yearning for more. We are truly blessed.

I love you all. Thank your moms and dads this week. Ma sopra tutto, thank your Heavenly Father and His son for what they've given us.

Love,

Sorella Tokarski