Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Week 58 in Italy

Guys it's the best time of the year! It's Pasqua AND GENERAL CONFERENCE! YAY! I am so excited to hear the prophets and apostles speak to us this coming weekend. We also have a baptism on Saturday. So that will be absolutely wonderful as well.

We had a VERY full week. Meetings for three days straight. But we did our best to see our investigators and members. We have four people preparing for baptism right now. They are all making GREAT progress. We have been seeing them make real changes in their lives to come closer to Christ.

We had a cool miracle this past week. We went to call a referral that we had received, but the number was inactive. So after like a week of trying to find time to go and pass by her house, we finally found a moment. I was doing a scambio with Sorella Welch. We went and suoned at her house and after a couple of tries, she answered. She was VERY confused as to who we were. But we explained that someone had given us her information and requested that we bring her a book of mormon in portugese. (It turned out to be her nephew who lives in brasil)

SO. She invites us into her house, and gave us a tour. Then we sat down to talk and share a quick message about the book of mormon. At the end of the lesson I was debating whether or not we should invite her to be baptized. But I felt this strong feeling that we should. So I did! Her eyes filled with tears and she was so excited that someone was inviting her to make changes and do something to follow Jesus Christ. She accepted and told us to come back whenever we wanted. We quickly set a return appointment. She is amazing! We will set a date with her in the next appointment.

Miracles happen.

This week for pday, Sorella Schick took us out on bikes to see some of Milan. We went to Eataly and ate DELICIOUS pizza, and saw the Milano cemetery. It was awesome! One of the graves was really powerful. I've attached a picture. (I hope that's not disrespectful. It just really touched me)

I know that Christ literally walks with us step by step. He can't always remove the burden from us, but He can be there every step of the way to comfort and strengthen us.


I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,

Sorella Tokarski