Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Week 53 in Italy

This past week was good! I kind of don't remember anything that happened… One of those weeks. Also I'm just so excited about going to an Italian opera that I kind of can't think straight.

We worked hard. I did a lot of finding. We talked to EVERYONE. We are currently working with two wonderful women that have the desire to be baptized. They both have baptismal dates. We are praying and fasting for both of them that they will be able to overcome the obstacles that are currently prohibiting them from progressing.

We are planning a "funeral" for an Elder in our district who goes home next week. We'll do that on monday. Then transfers take place on Thursday of next week. We will receive transfer calls on Saturday. I really don't want to leave Cimiano. I am in love! I hope and pray that I will have the privilege to stay a few more months in this blessed city. But I will accept whatever the will of God is for these next few transfers.
This past saturday, my companion played soccer in the rain with the Anziani and some ward members. I was the designated photographer seeing as I hurt my foot last week when I tripped over a mini ditch in the side walk (I'm already clumsy, and the Italian sidewalks don't do anything to help me out!) We also taught one of our members how to make pancakes! She was SO excited!!!
It's been a great week! I love what I'm doing. I am so grateful for the sacrifices and prayers of others in my behalf. I love you all. Have a great week!

Love,
Sorella Tokarski