Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Week 52 in Italy

Mamma mia. It has been a wild week here in Cimi. We unfortunately lost a few investigators. I cried about it. Several times. And a russian woman in our ward told me that I really shouldn't let anyone see my weaknesses.... And then I cried more. Oops! So many feelings. It's just so hard to watch people start to finally get it and progress and then they just let the adversary win. It absolutely breaks my heart.

Despite the heartbreaks of this past week, it was actually incredibly miraculous. One of the many miracles was on my scambio. We did a scambio again this past week with Sorelle Carducci and Miller. This time I worked with S
orella Miller. Together we worked on finding and just being positive about ourselves. We were headed to our first appointment when we thought to call and just do a double confirm. Last minute cancelation. So we headed to the church to do language study for a bit. Our seccond appointment was approaching when BOOM. She cancels too. K fine. now what? So we decide to take Sorella Miller's bag back to the house and get a gelato. (an absolute scambio MUST). So. We start to walk to the metro and we see this American member coming our way! We talked with him for a few
minutes and he hugged my companion because "She comes from east of the mississippi!!!" and we both tried to not die laughing. (He's a convert and still doesn't get all the missionary protocols.)

Anyway. So after that delay, we finally get to the metro and took the next one heading home. We get on and I see this woman and I KNEW I had to talk to her. So I do. It turns out she was a member baptized a looooong time ago in equador. She distanced herself from the church years ago so her records never got moved here to Italy. We talked for a few minutes and I explained that it wasn't by chance that we had met. I prayed with her and when I was done, she had tears rolling down her cheeks. She thanked me and we exchanged information. We look forward to working with her soon! IF the cancellations and the member and all of those other things hadn't of happened, we wouldn't have found her! MIRACLE!  We saw TONS of other miracles and it was a wonderful scambio for both copie.

We found 3 new investigators this past week and already in monday and tuesday we have found 4 more! We are really picking up our finding efforts and we are seeing fruits from that work!

Fertilized Duck Egg - Yum!
There is a LOT of work to do. It's truly wonderful to be so busy all the time. I am absolutely exhausted. So so so so so so tired. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I had a dream that I was at home at the end of my mission. I still had my tag on. And I just didn't want to see anyone or do anything except fo missionary work. I kept trying to sneak out of my house to go preach the good word and my poor family was like hey who the heck is this pazza?? I LOVE being a missionary. My love for the mission grows and increases as the weeks just slide on by. I HATE reminders of how long I have left. It kills me.

I learned a few big lessons about obedience this past week. I know that God really doesn't look at sin with the least degree of allowance. He expects us to obey and to do the right thing. My testimony of the principle of obedience grew a lot this past week and I am grateful for the constant testimony building experiences God gives me.

We went to visit Karina this past week. They are in the hospital again. The conditions of the hospital and the way they are being treated is terrible. Please say a prayer for them!

We also took some time to do some genealogy this past week. I AM ADDICTED! Dear family and frie
nds that are at home and have a LOT more free time than you'd ever actually admit, PLEASE. DO genealogy. As my dad always says, "If you had time to check your facebook, you had time to read your scriptures." And I would add the same for doing family history work. It is such a beautiful use of time and it will BLESS your lives and the lives of your loved ones.

It was just a really crazy and overwhelming week full of miracles and tears and heartbreak and joy and alllllllllllllll the feelings. I love the people here. I would do anything for them. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I will gladly follow him for the rest of my life.

Be good! Use time wisely. Be obedient!

I love you all.

Love,

Sorella Tokarski