Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week 51 in Italy

It's been a great week!

We had a very inspired scambio this week. I felt like I needed to go to Bergamo and that Sorella Gluck needed to come to Cimiano. During the scambio I was able to really connect with a less active in Bergamo and sorella Gluck was able to really help out one of our investigators. It was awesome! I worked with Sorella Dover. She has a great love for the people that she works with and she desires to do her best and constantly improve. It was a great learning experience for us both.

We unfortunately had several cancellations, but we kept on trying anyway. Our finding efforts are really improving and we are seeing a lot of success using teach to find!

Mercedes is doing really well and she has a positive attitude about the future.

We continue to see miracles as we are obedient and do our best to work a full day. It's hard! I am EXHAUSTED. We get home at night, kneel down to pray and plan, and then by the end of the closing prayer, I'm just sprawled out on the kitchen floor trying to convince myself to go and brush my teeth. It's great!

I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve a full time mission. I can't imagine ever not being a missionary. Like yeah we talk about it. I see my dear friends go home. I know there's an end. But I just feel like this is life. And I LOVE it. I love Cimiano. It is such a special city. The people here are truly my family. They are just the absolute best.

Today for pday all of the missionaries and several youth and members are going bowling for an activity! We are excited!

Also I thought I lost my camera this week or that it got stolen. Turns out that I left it at a members house. MENO MALE. I about cried.

The biggest lesson I learned this week was about the importance of love. We had a few opportunities to just love people this week that really needed it. There was one night where we went to visit an older sister. She was absolutely distraught. She was feeling a major lack of love and the spirit in her life. I held her as she sobbed into my arms. I prayed fervently that she would just be able to feel God's love through me. Life is not easy. And people just need to be loved and know that someone cares. Love your neighbors! Love those that you come into contact with. We are allllllll brothers and sisters and we all need to know and more importantly feel that we are loved. Serve someone this week and show them that someone cares!

Have a great one. I love you all!

Love,
Sorella Tokarski

________________________________________________________

Sonja didn't send any pictures this week but I asked for some pictures of what she sees when see walks out of her apartment each day and put them in this post.