I am
grateful for the opportunity I will have to train another new sister here in
Cimiano again! I will be spending 8 months of my mission here. I am so grateful
for the members here and for all of the work that there is to do. We are never
not busy. It's great.
Okay so
first of all. One of the women that I have been working with since I first got
here is moving away. She will be baptized on April 7th in another ward. I would
love to be able to continue to teach her and work with her, but I know that the
missionaries in the other area will continue to help her reach that step of
baptism. (Can't say I didn't cry when she told me though.)
Then,
Mercedes told us that she also moved out of the ward boundaries. So she will
also be leaving me! (more tears) Also our amazing Nepalese friend Mahesh is
going back to Nepal for like 2 months... Nooooo!
One of our
new investigators, Anna, who I met on the metro came to the activity and we
have an appointment with her tonight to teach her about the restoration! I am
so excited.
Another
woman named Anna, that we have never met, called us the other day and asked us
when we were coming over. Surprised as I was, I said, UM WHENEVER YOU WANT! So
we went to go and see her yesterday and she was great! We will continue to work
with her. She had studied with sisters in the past and had stopped for a while
because of her health. So she felt the need to restart meeting with us and gave
us a call!
It was such
a brutal but necessary reminder that there is an end, and that end comes much
faster that you can prepare for. I feel so grateful and blessed for the many
experiences that I have been able to have on my mission and for the many ways
that I have grown and improved. I see God's hand daily in this work and I know
that He loves His children so much.
Have a
wonderful week!
Love,
Sorella Tokarski