Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Week 50 in Italy

It has just been another great week here in paradise. I honestly love Cimiano sooooooo much. The ward is the best. And the work here is great!

We continue to see so many miracles together! On Friday, I sat down at the train station as we were waiting for the Bergamo sorelle to show up for our scambio. Before I could even say anything, the woman next to me said "Where can I get that book??", referring to the book of mormon in my hands. She explained that she had talked to missionaries 20 years ago on a train and still remembered the encounter and had been wanting to know how to get a Book of Mormon! I was able to teach her about the restoration and leave her with the book. She didn't want to give me her number but said that as soon as she had finished the book, she would give us a call.

It has been a good week. Very busy. But I am grateful for all of the work that God is blessing my companion and me with.

We were not able to see Mercedes this week. But she continues to do all of the right things. The ward mission leader was able to visit her and her husband in her home. He was present for the lesson, which is a BIG deal! We were so happy to hear that. She continues to progress in her conversion process.

I have done two scambio since last p-day. One with the Muggio Sorelle, and one with the Bergamo sorelle. As for the Muggio sorelle, they are doing well. I personally worked with sorella Carducci. She has such a strong desire to work hard and be a good missionary. We focused a lot on finding and talking to people.

I was also able to work with Sorella Roper who has been in the field for two weeks. She has a great positive attitude and loves to be pushed to learn new things. She will be a great help for many people here in Italy. We focused on doing role-plays and equally dividing teaching.

(And yeah that absolutely means that I had more than one gelato this week. Oh well.)

We also threw my companion a surprise district meeting birthday party! Yay! Happy 20th year!

I had such a spiritual sunday. I had really been looking forward to sunday. Church started later in the day because there was a special meeting that morning. So we had an appointment out in a paesino called Cernusco. Well, the buses don't run on sundays and so we had to walk to our appointment. We got terribly lost and were about 45 minutes late. But we made it! I was just feeling in dire need of a spiritual recharge. I was so tired and just so ready to get to church. As we took the sacrament, I really took time to repent and pray and focus on Jesus Christ's atonement. I felt overcome with gratitude and humility. I felt a renewed energy fill my body and my heart to get to work and start a new week. I know that as we worthily partake of the sacrament each week, we are truly renewed, recharged, and forgiven. I am so grateful for the sacrament.

I love you all! Have a great week!!

Love,
Sorella Tokarski