Friday, December 5, 2014

Week 40 in Italy

So it's been a good week. This week is consecration week. So we are putting forth even more effort and trying even harder to be better missionaries. Consecration weeks are basically just a way to see how much better of a missionary you can be and it's funny because usually they end up being the weeks where everyone and their grandma cancels on you and people reject you even harder than normal. We've already had some really weird experiences this week and it's proving to be a trial of our faith. But faith can't grow without it being tested!

We had an AWESOME conference this past week with Elder Fingerle of the seventy and his wife Sister Fingerle. They were so cute! They were young, vibrant, and very excited about missionary work. They gave us some incredible training on how we can improve significantly as missionaries by making small 1% marginal changes in our missionary work and personal lives. We also talked about how we can use social media to share the gospel without being facebook/ipad missionaries (we can invite members to use the mormon messages, we can ask them to send messages to their friends through their social media sites, and we can encourage them to use the family search site correctly).We also talked a LOT about the importance of doing family history work and using the family search site. It's such a cool site! I am so excited to just spend a good amount of time on it when I get home. (Which will be in a very very very very very very very long time. Hopefully.) Overall, the conference was just great and so uplifting and inspiring. My companion and I have set some good goals from what we learned.

I have had a goal to start 15 conversations every day between appointments on the metro, and I have been able to do it and surpass that number so far. They haven't all turned into meaningful conversations, but that's the curse of metro finding work. People eventually get off! Anyway. I plan to keep doing it!

We are trying so hard to be consecrated. We got invited to eat Thanksgiving with an American family in our ward this thursday. Without thinking, we accepted gladly. Then yesterday we were reminded of how important it is to be obedient and consecrated. We talked about it for a few minutes and decided that it would be best to not go. We felt really bad about canceling, but we knew it was the right thing to do. So we did it. I continue to learn lessons about the importance of exact obedience and just forgetting myself and being 100% involved in the work that I chose to come here to do.

The church made a great video about what really matters this time of year, and every time of year. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is the gift. He is the reason why I am here. He is the reason why I do anything. I am grateful for His sacrifice and I am grateful for the sacrifice that Heavenly Father made in sending Christ here. The link to watch the video is below. 


Enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving! Don't forget to share your grattitude in every moment. 

I am grateful that I got to go and see one of the most famous works of art of all time! The Ultimate Supper! Yes I am fully aware that it is called The Last Supper. But in Italian it is called L'ultima Cena. So. Ultimate is just much easier to say.

I love you all. 

Love,
Sorella Tokarski