Thursday, December 18, 2014

Week 43 in Italy

I can't believe how fast this year has flown by.. It's incredible. The fact that it's almost Christmas just baffles me.

It's been a great week!! I picked up my new companion on Thursday, Sorella Burgess. She is awesome! We had another new sister with us, Sorella Snow, until monday. We had a great time in three for the weekend and now things are starting to get back to the normal routine. Sorella Burgess is the best! I just love her to death. She has such a strong desire to learn and to grow and to work! She talks to tons of people and has no fear. I am so lucky!

We have had a number of great things happen this week!

We had an entire family in church on sunday that hasn't been in a very long time. We are planning to set baptismal dates with them this week!

I met this great man on the metro a few weeks ago and he called us saturday night to confirm the hours of Church. He was like, Hey so we still have church tomorrow at 9 right? And we were like YES WE DO!! COME! So he did! We passed him off to the elders to start teaching him and he will continue to progress in the gospel. He calls me his flame. Hahaha. He says, You are the flame that lit something inside of me! And now I'm on this great journey to understanding and learning! He is great.

We all have the opportunity to spark a flame in someone else. In fact, it's our job to share the fire of our testimonies with those around us. As we do that, they will be left with sparks that can start a new testimony burning in them! Share the gospel! Don't be afraid. It's a lot scarier to think about getting the other side and having everyone we know ask us why we didn't tell them what we knew while we were here on earth! Just do it. Please.

We also got to participate in a great stake youth activity. All of the youth wrote their testimonies in Books of Mormon. Then we gave them a short training on how to talk to people on the street, and we all jumped on the metro together to head to the Duomo. We went around in groups trying to give out books of mormon all wrapped up like christmas presents. The youth were to do it by themselves with out help and guide. I went individually with a couple of different girls at different times. I always started the conversation because they were too nervous to. Hahah. But then they had to share their testimony and try to give the book away. I watched each of them get denied over and over again. It was hard to watch, but at the same time, it was great! It was such a wonderful opportunity for them to realize what the Book of Mormon really means to them! They also got a little taste of missionary work. At one point, I saw a young woman by herself struggling to find the words to say. I rushed over and started to help her. She ended up giving the book away and we even took the woman's phone number! Afterwards, the young woman started to cry and said, "I was starting to panic! I didn't know what to say or do!" I just hugged her and told her that she had done her best and that was all that mattered! That's exactly how it is for me every single day. I do my best, and some nights I get on my knees and cry and just tell Heavenly Father what's in my heart. But every time, I feel His love and the love of my Savior comforting me and letting me know that as long as I've done my best, that's all that matters.

We have just had some really great experiences this week and we have some great things planned for this next week.

Milano is gorgeous at this time of year! We will be going caroling tonight at the duomo. It will be great! I am so excited. Some of us sing, and then at least two of us missionaries go out and contact people. We've gone a couple of times before and it's fun! Usually people just laugh at us or ignore us. But, the members love it! 

Have a great week. 

Love, 
Sorella Tokarski