
This week was good. I love my new companion. She is
wonderful. She is a hard worker. She speaks italian very well, and she is an
incredible teacher. She is a convert to the church and she has such a strong
testimony. We are really going to make the most of the last 6 weeks of her
mission.
We basically just taught, and ate, and walked this week. It
was lovely!
For p-day, Mirium and Maurizio took us up into the mountains
and we went on a hike through the woods and had a picnic. It was wonderful! And
scary. But great. I love them so much. They feel so much like family to me. We
just laugh together and talk and make wonderful memories. They will be two of
my best friends for the rest of my life.

The lesson that I learned this week, for the millionth time,
is how all powerful and all encompassing the atonement is. It doesn't matter
what circumstance, situation, or trial you may be in, you can gain strength,
receive forgiveness, and feel the pure love of Christ through the atonement.
The full effect of the atonement won't take place immediately. But as I have
prayed to feel the healing power of the atonement in my life, I have felt the
comfort and the peace in knowing that everything will work out the way it needs
to in the end. When my heart breaks, his love is there to bind it carefully and
sometimes slowly back up. I am so grateful for my savior. I love Him and I feel
so blessed to be one of His full time servants right now.

I also gained an even stronger testimony of the power of the
priesthood. I received a priesthood blessing for my back and because I'm
starting to come down with some weird sickness slash cold this week. In the
blessing there were things mentioned that didn't really make sense. But as the
week went on, it was very clear to me that Heavenly Father knows me personally.
He knows exactly what will happen, and when it will happen. He spoke to me through
that priesthood blessing blessing me with things that I would have BIG need
within the next few days. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood and
that we can hear God's direct message to us through priesthood blessings.
I love being a missionary. It has brought me the most joy I
have ever felt in my life. I am so grateful for the wonderful people that I get
to be around and work with every single day. The restored gospel of Jesus
Christ is true and I have no shame in declaring it from the hill tops of
Sanremo.
Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Sorella Tokarski