Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Week 22 in Italy

Wow. No time! I'll hurry and write all the great things that happened this week.

We had an awesome branch dance party activity friday night. Big success. We had like 20ish people there!! So much fun!! We have a wonderful 9 year old boy that we are teaching and his baptism is next friday! We are finishing up teaching him the first 5 lessons so that he will be ready for his interview this saturday! I love Roberto so much! And it has been so great to learn how to teach the gospel in a much simpler way. It's the way we should teach it to everyone!

We also were going through former investigators in our phone. We found a woman a couple of weeks ago and have been teaching her. It turns out that she has a tumor and only has months to live. She is currently staying in Hospice. She is mildly crazy and our visits with her are never boring. She is great. She is very catholic but continues to say that if she feels it's right, she would happily change. And when I say she is mildly crazy, I mean very crazy. But we just love her so much and we are enjoying spending time with her.

We also went to visit another less active member in the mental hospital. She is struggling. When I look her in the eyes, I feel a little bit of her suffering. I know that her spirit is suffering and it's hard to see. But we continue to love her and serve her in any way that we can.

Also. We were sick for two days this last week. So that wasn't fun. But it happens.

We have a scambio tomorrow, which just means that one of my sister training leaders will come to my city and work with me here and my companion will go to the sister training leaders city to work with the other sister training leader for a day. I love scambios! They're fun. It's just hard to get very much done because of travel time. But it will be great!

And we have another great activity planned for friday night. We'll be playing mini golf! We are working really hard to help unite our branch. It's resulted in a lot of fun memories so far!!

I love my mission! I love being a missionary. I'm enjoying my last few days of being a teenager. Weird... Anyway. I love you all! 

Talk to you all next week. :) 

love, sorella tokarski