First the downs. We had to let go of three of our
investigators with baptismal dates this week. :(
One of them refused to talk to us, one of them isn't
interested any more, and the other one sent us a text telling us that she
needed to take her spiritual walk without us. I am crushed. My heart just broke
for each of them. These are people that we have been teaching for a while now..
I saw their individual testimonies starting to grow. We had incredible
spiritual experiences with each of them. And now they've chosen to walk away.
It just tears you up inside. It's so hard.
Then we went over to visit the home of three new converts
and they had just had a huge argument to the point that police were called and
everything. The mom had to leave to go do something for work. We talked with
the two teenagers for a bit about repentance, forgiveness, and pride. It was a
really bad situation. It was heartbreaking. But we were able to leave them in
peace and on good terms.
Needless to say, it was an intense week. But on the positive side, our other investigator with a
baptismal date came to church on sunday with his mom who hasn't been to church
in a LOOOONG time! It was soooo awesome! My heart literally exploded when we
saw them in the chapel. It was so beautiful. I am so excited to keep teaching
our firey 9 year old Roberto and to watch him and his family progress
together.
That's basically it for the week. It went by so fast.
Even though there are so many constant ups and downs as a
missionary, it is truly the greatest thing in the entire world. I am so happy
to be here. Even when our hearts break and tears fall. There is nothing better
that I could be doing right now than this. I get to feel a small part of the
love that Heavenly Father has for each of His children. It is an incredible
blessing. It also makes rejection and watching people give up or walk away a
LOT harder. But it is worth it.
I am grateful for my companion. We never cease to have a
good laugh, have a random dance party, or turn a bad situation in to a better
one with some gelato. I am truly grateful that I don't have to do this alone. I
am grateful for my two companions that are with me literally 24/7. Sorella
Bucco, and My Savior Jesus Christ.
Thank you all for your support and prayers.
Talk to you next week.
Sorella Tokarski