Thursday, June 26, 2014

Week 18 in Italy

Our theme for this transfer was "If miracles cease, it is because faith has ceased." This week is transfers, and this past transfer has honestly been FULL of miracles. I will be staying here in San Remo, and Sorella Van Alfen will be leaving for Verona to go and serve with my MTC companion, Sorella Quitnon. Crazy!! Can't believe it.

We have had a wonderful transfer serving together and we have really both learned so much. My new companion will be Sorella Bucco and she is just coming from being a sister training leader in another city. She will be dying this next transfer, so it will be cool to work with someone so experienced and who is at the very end!! Because of that, I think I will be staying here in San Remo for the next couple of transfers because I don't think President would take me out too next transfer and bring in two new sisters.. But it's all in God's hands!

[Our district]
This past week was crazy. We taught, we tried to do finding work, we sweat, we made cinnamon rolls, we laughed, we cried, we made pizza, we made no bakes, we had a woman run away from up plugging her ears, we set a baptismal date with a woman named Elvira (she showed up in church last sunday. she is AMAZING!!!) She will be baptized on july 26th, we walked all over San Remo this week. We helped an elderly woman pack up her house because she has to be out by the 30th. She is ill, and her daughter Sonya has mental disabilities. I love both of them sooooooo much. It was really just a super busy and fun week. I will truly miss Sorella Van Alfen. She has been such a wonderful example to me and to the people here in San Remo.

[Went to mass with them]
Random: We had a giant thunder and lightening and rain storm this morning. Super fun. Italy lost in the World Cup. Everyone was soooooooo depressed. They all sat out in Centro eating gelato not saying anything. It was actually really funny. 

We went to mass on sunday with two of our investigators. Father and daughter. Very catholic. They are two of my best friends.. We have eaten dinner with them a couple of times. They loved our church service and we had a great time in mass with them right after. They were so grateful that we were willing to go with them, and I think it really showed them that we love everyone. We aren't against any religion and we are willing to listen to other ideas. It was super cool to hear mass in italian. The crazy part was that I understood most of it because I'm already familiar with the prayers and how the service goes.

[Father & Son have baptismal dates]
We're just working with so many incredible people right now. We have 4 people with baptismal dates. We have about 8 investigators that we are working with regularly. One of them is from Poland! I just have this soul connection with her. She reminds me a lot of Grandma Helen. I feel like she's my family. She's awesome and we had two really powerful lessons with her this past week. I'm excited to see what will happen in these next couple of transfers.

I am just so grateful to be serving right now. I am so grateful to be here as a full time missionary. I just continue to feel blessed and grateful for all that I am learning here. I have learned a lot this past transfer. Sorella Van Alfen loves with her whole heart. The members are extremely sad to see her go. But I know that the work will continue to move forward and progress here. I plan to continue to work hard and do my best to let Heavenly Father work through me to bring His children back. I have really gained a testimony that anything good that happens while I'm here serving has nothing to do with my own efforts, but has everything to do with God working through me. I know that He can do so much more for these people than I ever will be able to through my own efforts.

Be good!! Make good choices. I love you all. 

love, 

Sorella Tokarski