Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Week 6 in Italy

Well it was a lovely week. Being a missionary is a very life changing experience. I am learning so much about myself... I am realizing all of my weaknesses and the things that I need to change about myself to be a better person, companion, and missionary. It's interesting how we get placed with certain people to learn certain lessons.

This week we finished up senior comp week. I no longer have to figure out the map or answer the phone and make awkward phone calls. There were a few special moments of answering and beginning to speak but mixing different itlain and english words so badly that the person on the other line just ended up vastly confused. Senior comp week happens every transfer though. Every fifth week the junior comp becomes senior comp for the week. SO hopefully by the end of this next transfer, things will go smoother.

I can't believe my first transfer is over. It's crazy to me that I've been on my mission for 3 months now.. The time is just flying by. I am so grateful to be here and I am grateful for the lessons that I get to learn and the experiences I get to have.

I am also SO excited for general conference!!! It's going to be wonderful. I am so glad that we have a living prophet and that we get to hear his words and learn from him and the apostles and other leaders of the church this weekend. I am just so excited!

There are so many amazing people here and I love the people we're teaching. We don't have any progressing investigators right now. Our one progressing investigator is moving to southern italy this weekend. We are SO sad!!!

We taught a lot of new people this last week though and I am excited to continue to teach them and learn from them. One of the girls that we are teaching is so cool. She had no idea who God was before coming to Italy. But when she got here, she found the bible. She fell in love with it and has seen the blessings of reading the scriptures in her life. She is excited to read the book of mormon and continue to learn more about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We are teaching her again tonight after english class and I am so excited!!!

Oh yeah. and for p-day today we put together little lunches and had a picnic, and then we took a cool train up to this incredible old church called Superga. It was so beautiful and the views were incredible! The pictures truly don't do it justice.

Sorella Condie (darker hair) has been in different areas of torino for a year of her mission. She is finally being transfered to the Firenze zone (florence) (the most beautiful city ever) and She'll be serving in a city there. We will miss her sooooooo much. But we're very excited for her.

My district was awesome... Only half of us are staying and the rest are being transferred to other places.

The gospel is amazing. It is such a huge blessing in my life. My knowledge of my Savior and my Heavenly Father are what keep me going when I have hard moments or difficulties.
So che questo vangelo é vero. Sono molto grata per tutto le benedizione me da. So che il libro di mormon é vero e che Joseph Smith erà un profeta.

Questa esperienza è difficile a volte. Ma, so che questo lavoro è veramente il lavoro del Signore. Io amo Italia. Sono molto grata per le personne cui. Sono molto grata per l'esempio di mio fratello Gesù Cristo e spero che un giorno posso essere più simile a lui.

Vi voglio bene!!!
Ciao ciao


Sorella Tokarski