Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Week 35 in Italy

We had a great week. We missed about two days in our city because we had a scambio in another city. We took a four hour train there and then spent two nights. We got some really good work done and I had a great time with my little sister. (Sorella Gunnerson, "my mom" is training again so I got to go with my "little sister". We worked hard and rode bikes! I almost died. But it was so great!!!!!!!

Then when we returned on Saturday, we had the baptism of Adoni! He's 8 years old and his mom is less active. We have taught him every single lesson from the very beginning. He is so great. So many members came. It was beautiful!

We have done a lot of finding work this week. Every investigator that had a baptismal date, now does not have one. For various reasons, there will be many delays and re-sets of dates. It's heartbreaking. But I know that God has a time and a place for everything. I am realizing the incredible huge role that our free agency has in everything. I am grateful that we have free agency. We literally can choose our own salvation. We also can choose the opposite. It's an awfully beautiful situation.

We had a large change happen in our branch presidency! Our President Bignami was released after 11 years as branch president and President Cangialosi was called. President Bignami served faithfully and with all of his heart and we were so grateful for his service. President Cangialosi is an amazing returned missionary, young (28 years old), and has a fire that will help Sanremo continue to progress. Watching the change take place was very powerful last sunday. At the end of the meeting, all of the members went up and began to hug and kiss President Bignami to thank him and show him their love. They then proceeded to hug and kiss President Cangialosi to thank him and show him their love and support. It was so beautiful to watch. My companion and I cried as we witnessed such a special moment. I learned in that moment how vital it is to love, support, and sustain our leaders and fellow brothers and sisters. It is SO important to pray for them, to encourage them, and to respect them. Every single calling has it's own challenges and blessings, but we need to do all that we can to sustain those that serve us. A calling is an opportunity to serve, not to be praised. I am so grateful for all of the faithful leaders in the church and I know that who God calls, He qualifies. We have to trust Him and trust in who He calls.
I love all of you! I am so grateful for your love and support. We will be getting transfer calls this saturday so we will find out if I stay or go! I don't feel prepared to leave sanremo. But I don't know if anyone every really feels prepared to leave a city.

Anyway. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and for what He has done for me and my family. I know that He lives and that He loves each and every one of us. Follow Him! It will bring peace and happiness.

Have a great week!

Love,
Sorella Tokarski