Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Week 15 in Italy

Well, things are starting to heat up here in San Remo.  The worst part is that most people are still rocking the long sleaves. Everyone except me. Let the sister missionary tan lines begin! I'm from Oregon, where we're in shorts when it's 65! Anyway. I'm getting nervous for the  summer. It'll be in the 100s for most of june, july, and august.

It was another great week though. We're working really hard. We're teaching a young mother. She has faced a lot of adversity. But she is progressing very quickly. She has recognized the power and influence and love of God in her life and wants to make a big change. It's incredible to see the affect that this gospel has on each of us.

This week I realized how big of an influence the gospel has had on my life. It is a really huge blessing to know 1. I am a child of God. 2. He has a plan for me and my family. 3. No matter what happens or what we go through, Christ knows it and we can find comfort a
nd peace through His atonement.

Truly. I don't know what I would be without these knowledges. I don't see suffering and feel angry at God. I don't have challenges and blame God for them. I have such a different perspective than most of the rest of the world, as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am truly grateful that I have this different perspective. Anyway. Just very grateful for these things.

Random: I speak Italian in my sleep. It wakes sorella Van Alfen up sometimes.

We biked about 16 miles for p-day today along the Italian coast line... Gorgeous.

We do finding work with members sometimes, and it's awesome when the members just go up to someone and say "VIENI! VIENI CON NOI IN CHIESA!" "Come come with us to church!!" It makes us laugh, and then we end up teaching them that when we ask a simple question, bear a simple testimony, and give a simple invite, things work much better! I love Italians.

We had a scambio this last week. It was awesome. I learned so much from Sorella Astel. She served in
Torino a while ago, so we've taught most of the same people. It was so fun to share stories and experiences with her and learn from each other.

Also. A random man came up to us as we were eating our gelato, bent his face down towards Sorella Van Alfen's cone, and just took a huge bite. We just sat there in shock, and he calmly walked away. His wife's jaw dropped, and she just stared at him in disbelief. She looked at us, we burst out laughing, and then she ran off to catch up to her crazy husband.

Anyway. I love being a missionary. It is changing my soul. I will never be the same because of this experience.

The gospel is true! Christ lives and loves us! Heavenly Father has a perfect and personal plan for each of us! 

Be good. 

Love, 

Sorella Tokarski