Then on Friday night as we were kneeling to say our bed time
prayers, all of a sudden there's huge booming and popping sounds. We both
halted our prayers and looked at each other. We went out onto our balcony, and
there were giant fireworks exploding over the ocean. It was SO COOL! We stood
outside for about 10 minutes and watched. Everyone was out on their balconies
cheering and shouting. It was great! I love this small beach town.
We also had an interesting experience doing finding work in
Imperia this week. We went for a branch activity to the city that the Anziani
live in. They really need more people to teach and we really want to be able to
form a branch in Imperia. So. We took a bus out to Imperia, and two of the
sisters of our branch showed up for the activity. So we did a split. I went
with one and Van alfen went with the other. I was nervous to be completely
alone with an Italian.. I still can't understand everything people say to me.
But it ended up being fine. I just responded to what I could and did my best to
really listen and understand. Anyway. The point of this story was that the
entire time, everyone we talked to would just laugh and mock us. They pointed
and just looked at us in disgust. It broke my heart. And I realized that it hurt
so bad not because they were mocking me, but because they were mocking my
Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ, and everything that He has done for me and
for them. His name makes up the two most important words on my name tag. And it
was just really sad to feel so utterly rejected in His place. If that makes
sense... Missionary work. It's hard. But it is the most incredible and
important work in the entire world.
Also, this past week, the temperature cooled off quite a
bit. Thank Heavens! I was super dehydrated on Monday and we didn't get very
much done. But anyway. The past couple of days have been much cooler and we
even got some rain. Heavenly Father answers prayers!
And we got to hold really cute puppies last week because two
of our investigators own a pet supply shop so they brought their puppies in
that day so that people could see them and buy them... ahhhhh. So cute.
I love you all! Be good! Do missionary work! GO TO CHURCH!
It is SERIOUSLY crucial.
love,
sorella tokarski