There was a lot of confusion this past week about what ward
she is actually in. We found out that apparently the ward boundaries that are
on the church website are apparently not what they follow here, so she is
supposed to be in the ward just north of us. That ward only has Anziani and
doesn't have any sorelle serving in it, so we are responsible for also teaching
all of their women investigators and less active members. (A new rule from
president: Only sisters teach single women and only Anziani teach single men.
This is just to avoid missionaries being alone with a single member of the
opposite sex)
Anyway. So after several phone calls back and forth between
our ward secretary saying she is in our ward and then saying she isn't and then
saying she is and then finally concluding that she isn't, we sent her to the
other ward on sunday. She absolutely loved it and there are a lot of GANS
(young single adults) in that ward that have served stateside missions and
speak english. She is 24, and doesn't speak very much italian, so they just
welcomed her right on in and just loved the heck out of her! She felt so happy
and excited to be there. We knew after that, that she was supposed to be in
that ward for that reason! God knows what He's doing, and His plan is always
better than our own! Even though it would be cool for her to be in our ward,
she will be much better off in the other ward as it relates to having friends and
fitting in.
It's been a good week! There is so much cotton flying around
in the air it looks like snow. It builds up on the sides of the street and it
really does start to look like snow. It's crazy... I'm super allergic to it, so
I haven't been sleeping super well. I wake up in the middle of the night to
myself scratching my eyes. I've been using some generic stuff from the farmacia
here, but it's just not quite doin it for me. So I may go see an allergist to
get a good prescription.
Anyway. I'm loving missionary life. We are pretty sure that
Sorella Gunnerson will be transferred next week. But we find out for sure on
monday. It's been an awesome two transfers with her.
Random fact. Don't know if I've ever mentioned this before,
but in this mission we don't eat dinner. hahah. They surprised us with that one
when we got here! The only exceptions are if we get invited over by a less
active member, new convert, or an investigator for dinner. But other than that,
we don't eat dinner! But anyway. We don't need it! With all the gelato, the
lack of dinners evens itself out.
I can't wait to skype home on sunday! I can't believe it's
mothers day already! Auguri to all the mommas I know!! Love you all!!
Hope everyone is doing well. I love you all!
Missionary work is awesome. Do it.
Miss and love you all.
The gospel is true.
Love,
Sorella Tokarski
Pics are from our zone training. All of the sisters in our
zone and then my district. It's been an awesome transfer!!!
For pday today we went back to the Mole and went to the cinema
museum again. way too much to see and do! i love my beautiful
Italia!!!!!!!