Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Week 31 in Italy

So I picked up my new companion thursday in Milano! She is the coolest! I love her. Sorella Hibo and I get along great. She is such a gem. She is so smart and so wise.

Friday night, we had a great talent show! I sang, and Sorella Eghbert (who just finished her mission but also served here in sanremo) came with her parents. They had come to pick her up. They came to visit the cities she served in. They are from salt lake, but it turns out that they have a beach house right next to ours at roads end!!! Unreal!! Smallest world ever.

We also had a really great lesson with Alessandro and his family. They don't read the scriptures together and they don't come to church. There is always an excuse. So this week, we had a very honest and very intense lesson with them about how you can justify your way into Heaven and how God won't accept the excuses at the final moment. We taught a lot out of the scriptures, in specific Alma chapter 5. It was a lesson that the spirit guided completely, and it was awesome. We planned it out before, but the spirit gave us that extra boost duri
ng the lesson and we know they understood at the end.

Then on monday morning, i woke up feeling a little strange. My stomach didn't feel so good. Well, I ended up having a brutal case of influenza. I was in the bathroom more than twenty five times in the course of 6 hours. So yeah. I ended up losing 6 pounds that day. The poor mission presidents wife wanted to send me to the hospital to get re-hydrated
but instead, I couldn't leave the house so we called a doctor to come to us, and then one of the nurses from our branch came and ended up giving me some magic shot in my bum to make me stop throwing up. It was great! I'm still pretty dehydrated, but I'm doing a lot better. My companion is just a champ! She has just taken great care of me. So yeah! We started out the transfer a little rough, but we've been laughing the whole time. So that just means that it's going to get so much better from here! We have some great things lined up for the rest of the week! I look forward to getting back to work and continuing to serve here in Sanremo. I love this work so much. It is amazing.

I also have such a testimony of the priesthood. I am so grateful that God has given men just a little bit of His power to bless and serve the lives of everyone here on earth. I love it! 

Anyway. That's all for this week. Have a great one!!! Love you all. 

Love, 
Sorella Tokarski 

ps. when you're sick, the italians taught me that you have to only eat stuff that's white. hence the rice and potato mixture. that stuff works.