Wow. What a week. We had a good weekend and then left monday
night for Savonna. We stayed the night in Savonna with the sisters there, and
then headed up to Alessandria yesterday morning bright and early for zone
conference. It was great! It was our zone and the Torino zone combined. We
talked a lot about discipleship and about how we can better apply the
principles of the gospel to our investigators needs. It was great! I love
conferences. I love being with all of the missionaries. There is such a special
spirit with all of them.
Roberto gave me like an entire bagful of little stuffed animal presents... He was like "Sorella Tokarski, Mi mancherai!!!!!!!" which means I will miss you.
I'M NOT LEAVING YET NOOO!
It's strange to have the occasional reminder that life goes
on at home even while I'm gone. The time flies and I'm so caught up in the
work. (That's how it should be.) People get engaged, people get mission calls,
siblings change and change and change some more, things happen without
you. But that's the beautiful thing about life. There is a time
and a place for all things. I know with all of my heart that this is my time
and my place right now here in Sanremo, Italy serving the Lord. I am grateful
to know that God has personalized plans for each and every one of us, and as we
live out those plans, we have so much joy and happiness.
| Studying on the train to zone conference |
It's hard to watch laziness get in the way. Laziness is one
of the biggest problems that I have seen on my mission. People come up with
excuses saying that they don't have time, or they're just too busy and had too
much going on to read their scriptures, or to say their prayers. I repeat the words that my ever so wise father always said
to me: If you have time to send your text messages, update your facebook, and
whatever else you're doing with technology, you have time to read your
scriptures and say your prayers.
| Missionaries in my zone |
IT'S NOT THAT HARD. It is an absolute necessity for our
souls. I think about all of the time that I have wasted in my life. I regret a
lot of it. How much stronger would I be right now if I had taken more time to
study the gospel, to do service, or to participate in church related
activities? Doing the basic things and not allowing laziness to get in
the way is VITAL in our lives. Please. Just do it. The blessings will
come.
I love being a missionary and I love having the opportunity
to repent every single day. I am not perfect. I am not any better than any
other person with whom I serve or with whom I find or teach. I know with my
whole heart that daily repentance is necessary. We need it. God expects
it.
We all have weaknesses and challenges. They are necessary
for our progression. That's what we have the atonement for. Use it.
I love you all. Thank you for your support and
prayers.
love,
Sorella Tokarski