
Well we got our transfer calls this week! It turns out that
to my surprise and everyone eles's surprise, Sorella Bringas will be transferred
away after just 6 short weeks and I will remain for my 4th transfer here in
Sanremo! My new companion will be the sister that Sorella Bringas trained! She
was born in Coast d'iviore, but she has lived in Rome for basically her whole
life! Second native speaking companion! Here we go! (but she speaks english
too, as well as arabic, german, french, and spanish, and a few others....) She
will be going into her 4th transfer and I will be going into my 6th. So I will
be senior companion for the first time. Weird! It will be a fun new adventure
in a very familiar city and setting. We leave bright and early in the morning
for Milano to make the trade! Transfers are great! I am so sad to be splitting
with Sorella Bringas. She is an incredible missionary and she has taught me so
much. I have really grown a lot this transfer with her. She exemplifies charity
and is a pro at following the spirit. Plus we laugh together all the time. My
Italian has improved a lot, and I have really learned a lot about how
missionary work works. She was and is a great companion and will be a great
sister training leader in Mestere.
We had another week full of miracles! We started teaching a
husband and wife that were ex investigators. They have already received their
answer and want to be married in the temple so that they can have an eternal
family. Baptism is a little bit scary for them. But we are going to just
continue to pray for them and that their hearts can be at peace! Deborah and
Daniele are truly so ready!

Alessandro is working so hard! I know that he can be ready
for his baptismal date of the 11th of october! Breaking the addiction of
smoking cigarettes is one of the hardest things I'm sure he's had to do. But he
is striving with all of his strength to break it. I am so proud of him and I
know that the Lord is too. We had a great lesson and dinner with them in this
past week. Alessandro made some sort of pastry thing and it was so yummy! I was
really full after just a couple and they kept saying that I needed to eat more!
My sweet companion said, "No she can't she has to prepare to get married
after her mission!!" And Alessandro paused for a second and said,
"Is there a date picked for your future wedding?" and I said
"NO!! OF COURSE NOT!" And he and his wife both were like, "E
ALLORA! MANGIA!!!!!!" (well okay then!!! EAT!!!) We were all just busting
up laughing. And Nadia brought out her wedding dress that is now way too big
for her. She has lost some weight since her wedding. She said, "Look. When
it's time for you to get married, just come and get my dress! It will fit you
for sure no matter how fat you get!!!" And we all just were dying. It was
great.

Roberto is doing well. He is starting to understand a little
bit better the story of The Book of Mormon. We have found that teaching him
through things that he can see and watch works really well!
I just love this work so much.
We have been running in the mornings! I've been getting up a
few minutes early so that by 6:30 I'm ready to hit the pavement. I don't even
know who I am anymore.
I am also so grateful for the Atonement. It changes us. It
makes us into who God wants us to be. I am so grateful for Christ and what he
did for me. There is a line in a song that I really like that says,
"Mistakes of the past don't define you, they refine you." It's
through the power of the atonement that the refining process takes place. I love
my Savior and I am so grateful for him and what he has done for me.
Have a great week everyone!!!! I love you all!!
Love,
sorella tokarski