Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week 25 in Itlay

And another new transfer begins! It's hard to believe how quickly time is flying by.

Sorella Bringas and I have been working non stop. We have seen so many miracles already. When we met in Milano, we began to talk to people as we were waiting for our train. She stopped a woman and began to talk to her. We discovered that this woman was from Mexico. We then discovered that she knew who we were. We then discovered that she had been to church a few times. We THEN discovered that she was BAPTIZED years ago and hasn't been to church in a really long time. We took down her information and got it sent in to the office. (phone number, address, and when she is normally at home so that the missionaries in mexico can go find her) She agreed to meet with the missionaries again at home and said that she would go to church when she got home. It was truly incredible. 

My companion is incredible. I am learning so much from her. Sorella Bringas is a phenomenal missionary and I am so grateful for her example of love and obedience. We only speak in Italian together. We try to speak a little bit of English in the home because she needs to learn it. But I'm basically her teacher. And she's mine. So about 97 percent of my life is completely in Italian now.. Weird. It's really pushing me to expand my vocabulary and become more knowledgeable in the grammer. The work is continuing to move forward here. We are seeking to find new people to get in that cold water! :) I know that there are people here in this city that are being prepared and are ready to hear the gospel. We are talking to everyone and we are doing our best to do our part. I love the people here that I have the privilege to work with.

We had a wonderful scambio on monday and tuesday. My mission mamma is now my sister training leader! I about died when I found that out. I am so grateful that we get to stay in close contact for this next transfer. Sorella Gunnerson and I worked on asking for referrals at every appointment, and really having a spirit guided lesson. It was wonderful! We also talked about the importance of having patience with ourselves and recognizing that we will improve step by step, not all at one time. 

Roberto is wonderful! We taught him this week about the my family booklet. He is really excited to start working on it with his family. His parents were also very excited! He prayed in the lesson that his dad would choose to get baptized soon and that his mom would be able to stop crying every time she talked about her mother who recently passed away. He really has so much faith and has a testimony of the power of prayer! 

On our scambio, we went to go and visit our incredible friend Carla. She has continued to digress. Her daughter was incredibly down and just beside herself. In that moment, I had another one of those this is why i'm serving a mission moments. There are men and women that are suffering because they don't know the truth. They don't know about God's plan for them and for their family members. My heart ached for her, but it joyed in knowing that one day, she will again be in the arms of her loving mother, when she is lucid, aware, and capable of communicating. This life is not the end. It really is just the beginning of eternity. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have. I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. It's incredible that on the mission, we are with a companion literally 24/7. I have not been alone for more than just using the restroom for 7 months now. But I have never had moments of feeling so alone in my entire life than I have in these few months. It truly is the most perfect way to learn how to be self reliant and how to rely 100% on Christ and on Heavenly Father. 

I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve. I love the gospel. I love sharing the gospel. Thank you all for your love and support.

I invite you all to write down in a journal or somewhere that you can see frequently, one way that the gospel has changed your life. If you don't have the gospel in your life, find someone that does and ask them how it has changed them. 

I want to hear your answers!! 

Will you do it? ;) (The answer should be yes.) 

Have a great week!!! 

love, 
Sorella Tokarski