ter was freezing cold, as always. So the member that would be performing the baptism gets into the font and is just really trying to handle it like a man. Roberto tries to get into the font and he can't do it. He is shaking and trying not to cry and is sitting on the ladder with his toes barely touching the chilly water. Steve (the member) is doing his best to gently coax Roberto into the water. But he just won't go. After about ten minutes of silence from everyone, and soft whispers from Steve to Roberto, he gently suggests that Roberto offer a prayer in his heart that he will be able to enter the water. Roberto does so and is finally able to get in! He did it! It was wonderful and his testimony of prayer is so wonderfully strong.
It was just so great!!
We went to see our crazy carla in hospice on tuesday and
what we found was a bit of a shock. When we were there last week she was still
flying around her room, yelling at the nurses, and flipping through her book of
mormon showing us all of her notes and her questions and everything. Instead,
this time we showed up to her crying daughter and one of her nieces and sister
in law. She was there just lying in bed with not much life in her. Her eyes
were barely open. Her face was pale, and our Carla who we have come to love so
much was just not the same. She said a few words to us and her daughter
welcomed us gladly. In these past few weeks, Carla has been throwing referral
after referral at us. Her two children, and some of her other friends. She wants
them to all meet with us and she has told them about how wonderful we are and
how great our church is. She didn't want to be baptized, but she knew that our
church brought happiness and light to others and she wanted that for her
children and for her friends. Although she doesn't have very much time left
now, we will continue to visit her and love her. She is probably one of my
favorite people in all of Sanremo.
We also had a celebration for Sorella Bucco as a farewell
and for Anziano Pinnnock who will be transferred to Milano tomorrow. The branch
here loves its missionaries a lot. Both of them will be greatly missed.
I am grateful for the gospel in my life. I am grateful for
the power of prayer. I am grateful to have a God and Father in Heaven that
knows me perfectly. He knows my desires and the intentions of my heart. I am
not perfect. But He is and so is His son.I am grateful for the example of my
older brother Jesus Christ. I am grateful to be a part of an eternal family. I
am grateful for the trials that I am given to help me learn and grow. I know
that when we have trials, the best thing we can do is immediately just turn to
Christ. He will be there. He will soften the blow. He will lighten the burden.
I love Him and I am grateful to be a representative of Him.
I love you all.
Love,
Sorella Tokarski