We had zone conference on monday, and it was awesome. We
talked a lot about how we can best work with members. Members of the church and
full time missionaries are meant to work together. The building up of the
kingdom of God is not the sole responsibility of the full time missionaries. It
is VITAL that the missionaries and the members work together in trust and love
to share the gospel with friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, etc. In my
mind, the only difference between a member and a full time missionary is the
name tag and the rules! (And we've been set apart by priesthood authority as
full time missionaries.) If you find yourself thinking, "Man, I really
love the gospel, and it has blessed my life in countless ways! But it's so hard
and so scary to talk about it with anyone!" , then you are in the exact
same place as me. Sharing the gospel can be scary. But why? Rejection. We fear
that our attempt to share this incredible and wonderful blessing that we have
been given with those around us might result in some sort of awkward situation
or a lost friendship. But I testify and promise that you will never EVER
regret sharing your testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ, the love our
Heavenly Father has for us, and the message of the restored gospel. Give the missionaries
referrals! PLEASE! Work with them! Invite your friends to activities or dinners
or lessons where the missionaries will be present. Ask the missionaries if you
can go to lessons with them! There will never be a better time than right now
to share the message and hope that the restored gospel bring. When we share the
gospel with others, we are showing our gratitude to our Father in Heaven for
all that we have been given, and especially for all of the blessings that the
gospel has brought into our lives. I know that as missionaries and members seek
to work together. The gospel of Jesus Christ is true. It brings happiness,
peace, and comfort to all who live it. How could you not want to share those
things and those blessings with the ones you love and care about?
Anyway. That's it for my member missionary schpeel.
I am so grateful to be here right now. It is difficult. My
body hurts. I am exhausted. I feel so many emotions throughout the day for
myself, for the people we teach, for all of you back home. There are challenges
that come every single day. But there are countless tender mercies. There are
countless moments of relief and joy.
My companion and I got to sing together at the zone
conference on Monday. We basically just walk around Torino singing together all
day, as well as talking to people. We've gotten really good at taking songs and
changing them to be mission/gospel related. We actually did it with one song,
and decided to teach it to the other sorelle in our district. Our final district
meeting of the transfer will be next monday. Our district leader will be
heading home that week. His two years are up! So we decided that at that last
meeting, we're going to do a flash mob with this song... Hopefully one of the
sorelle will record it, and I can send it next week. Should be fun!
Anyway.
All my white laundry got ruined this week. Oops.
(Mom. I'll email you... I need a few favors!)
Also, I haven't mentioned this yet, but we teach an english
class every wednesday night with the Anziani. The four of us teach english to
anyone that wants to come! It's really fun.
Next week will be 5th week, which means that I will be
senior companion. Basically I'll be in charge of the map, figuring out how to
get us everywhere and anywhere, answering the phone, and keeping track of all
the numbers... I'm a little nervous... I feel like I'm not ready to take over
on the phone yet! I have a hard enough time understanding people in person, let
alone on the phone! But I'll just pray extra hard next week.
I love you all.
Thanks for your prayers. :)
love,
sorella tokarski