Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Week 67 in Italy

Well, it's been another wonderful week here in Italy. I am in love. We continue to see miracles and feel the presence of God each day in His work.

This past week we set two baptismal dates. One with a boy named Chris. I believe I shared that whole miracle story a while ago about finding his brother and then his mother and then finally getting to find him.... If not, it will be included next week. He LOVES church and really wants to be baptized. His father isn't quite on board... but we are fasting and praying that he will accept. We are moving forward with faith. Chris even did a full 24 hour fast. What 14 year old boy just stops eating and drinking for 24 hours???? He is AMAZING. We also set a baptismal date with an awesome lady named Viola. She is from Albania and speaks English. She is awesome as well.

We had a great ward barbeque and it was a real success. Super fun.

The iPads have really been a useful tool in enhancing our lessons. We have had several really meaningful and spiritually packed lessons this past week. I LOVE my new companion. Sorella Nilsen is awesome. And she served in Torino so we totally talk about everyone we knew. She is a hard worker and a great missionary.

My spiritual thought this week is about the importance of family. Elder Perry passed away this past week as everyone knows. He lived a life of joyful service and is a great example to me of wearing yourself out in the service of the Lord. I read his most recent conference address all about the importance of family and marriage. I want to add my testimony to his that the family is top priority after God. Those eternal relationships are of highest worth and value. Nothing should come before nourishing and strengthening those relationships and doing all that we can to live the gospel of Jesus Christ every day. I love my family. I am grateful for the knowledge that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ gives me about my family and the importance of it. I invite you all to read this talk and apply the teachings and principles from an apostle of God.


Love you all!!!!

Have a great week.

Love,

Sorella Tokarski