Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Week 64 in Italy

Milano is like a snow globe of cotton and stuff. It's like Christmas. But the Christmas that makes you sick. My companion and I are both MAJORLY struggling with allergies. It looks like it's snowing all day long. It's just not nearly as enjoyable as the snow.

Needless to say we are a bit under the weather. Or maybe we just took a colpa d'aria or something. Very possible considering that we haven't been covering our necks for like a couple of weeks. The heat is starting to come. We are feeling it. That's for sure.

We talked a lot about repentance and forgiveness this past week. I am grateful for the atonement and for the ability that I have each day to repent for the stupid little things I do every day. I know I'm not perfect. And so does God. I am grateful that He sent Jesus Christ to atone for me and to make it possible to repent.

The baptisms were WONDERFUL. Katia was dunked twice and Cristina was dunked about 6 times. Everyone was holding their breath by the 4th. It was great though! They both were so happy and so excited and all they could say was that they knew it was the right choice and they felt reborn. I LOVE THEM. They really have such sweet testimonies and they will continue to grow and be wonderful disciples of Jesus Christ.

Marcella passed her baptismal interview! (I attached a picture of her with me:) She will be baptized on may 24th! She is sooo excited and seeing Cristina and Katia's baptism made her even more excited. I keep learning more and more Spanish. I'd love to actually study it and learn more one day! It's been so fun getting to teach her and really let the spirit work to teach her what we can't say. Luckily we usually have either one of her aunts or another member there that can help us translate. But she really gets it. She's awesome.

It was a good week. I am exhausted. Absolutely wiped. But it's great. I love it.

Have a great week! I love you all!

Love,

Sorella Tokarski

__________________________________________

Parent note; we had the blessing of 45 minutes over Skype with Sonja for Mother's Day. She absolutely radiates peace, joy and sense of purpose. Incredible that we will be in Milan in 8 weeks to reunite with her. We are looking forward to spending nine days with her touring her mission, seeing what she saw and meeting the people she has grown to love. To say we miss her and are proud of her doesn't begin to articulate the depth of feeling associated with seeing her "walk in truth". I am grateful beyond measure to a loving Heavenly Father who has blessed us to have Sonja as a daughter and to know her as "an example of the believers."